Comment on page
Flow in the Bot
A Flow or Bot Flow is a sequence of intents and actions that direct the chat bot to complete a task.
We will see how a flow can be created inside the Bot.
You can create a Flow inside the bot from scratch or use any template from the Intensive Template Library to create a flow in the bot.
- 1.Under My Bots click on the Bot for which you want to add the bot flows.
- 2.Click on "Add New Flow" at the top right corner as shown in the GIF below. You will be prompted to provide the Flow name, Flow type, Intents (Keywords). Click on create once you enter the details.
Great! You created a Flow inside the Bot. You will be redirected to bot builder to create using the Bot Cards/Nodes.
- 1.Go to "Bot Templates" from the drop-down option in Bots as shown in the GIF.
- 2.Choose the Bot Template and click on "Use" as shown in the GIF. Choose the Bot from the drop-down to add as a flow template under the Bot.
- 3.Click on "Go to Flow" to edit the content as per your company's voice or edit the template using the "Bot Cards" which Includes Send Message, Ask Questions, Utilities, Actions, and Connectors.
After a question is asked, if the user doesn't respond, a bot dropout occurs. However, by enabling this feature, we can proactively engage the customer before they are dropped from the bot, thereby recovering potentially lost customers. Here's how to enable this nudge feature:
- 1.Select the bot for which you want to activate the nudge feature.
- 2.Click on the "edit" icon on the flow.
- 3.Navigate to "Custom Configurations."
- 4.Locate the option titled "Nudge contact if question message is unanswered" and toggle it ON.
- 5.Specify the following settings:
- Number of attempts: The number of times you'd like to nudge the user before considering dropping them from the bot.
- Delay time: The duration you want to wait before sending the initial nudge to the user, prompting them to respond.
- Nudge message: The message you'd like to send to encourage the user to engage and re-ask the question in a friendly manner.
By following these steps, you can effectively utilize the nudge feature to enhance user engagement and retention within the bot.
Last modified 13d ago